|Install Dial-Up Networking for
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then
click Dial-Up Networking.
- Click Install. When you are prompted, type the location of the
Windows NT 4.0 installation files. NOTE: If you are not prompted to
install Dial-Up Networking, DUN and RAS have already been installed.
- If you have not installed a RAS-capable device, the Remote Access
Setup program prompts you to invoke the Modem installer. Click Yes
and follow the instructions to install a modem.
- In the list of RAS-capable devices, click the modem you just
installed, and then click OK.
- Click Configure, click Dial Out Only, and then click OK.
- Click Network, click the check boxes of the protocols to use for
your connection to select them, and then click OK. NOTE: The
protocols that are currently installed are selected by default. If
you choose a protocol that is not currently installed, you must
install that protocol using the Network tool in Control Panel.
- Click Continue, and then click Restart to restart your computer
and finish the installation. NOTE: If you have installed a Service
Pack on your Windows NT-based computer, you must reapply the Service
Pack before restarting your computer. For more information, please
see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
29 West Main Street, Martinsville, VA 24112
PO Box 1126, Martinsville, VA 24114
Tel: (276) 666-9533 or (800)
766-6861 or Fax: (276) 666-9534