- Load Internet Explorer.
- Locate the icon on the toolbar labeled Mail. Most likely, this
will be the third icon from the right but if in Full-Screen mode, it
will be in the middle.
- Click on Mail to bring up a new menu. Select Read News from this
menu to launch Outlook Express in newsgroup mode.
- If no wizards/configuration screens pop up when Outlook Express
loads, then you already have an existing configuration.
- The first thing the wizard will ask you for is a display name.
This is your name as it will appear to others who read your posts.
Type your name as you want it to appear in the field and click Next.
- You will then be asked for your e-mail address. If you are unsure,
remember that your e-mail address is your account username + @sitestar.net.
For example, if your username is jdoe, then your e-mail address is
email@example.com. Enter this in and click Next.
- Now you will be asked what your NNTP server is. Type
news.sitestar.net into this field and click Next. You should not
put a check in the box that says My News Server Requires Me To Log
On. Click Next.
- You will be told that you have successfully completed the setup.
- Outlook Express is now configured for Usenet newsgroups.