|Outlook Express Newsgroup
- Load Internet Explorer.
- Locate the icon on the toolbar labeled Mail. Most likely,
this will be the third icon from the right but if in
Full-Screen mode, it will be in the middle.
- Click on Mail to bring up a new menu. Select Read News from
this menu to launch Outlook Express in newsgroup mode.
- If any wizards or configuration screens pop up when Outlook
is launched, click here
and begin with Step 4.
- Click on the menu item Tools, then click on Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, you will see several tabs. Make sure
that the tab labeled News is the one selected.
- If there are no existing accounts click
Otherwise, select the one that says news.sitestar.net and
- The first thing you will see in the Properties window is the
General tab. Check to make sure that your name and e-mail
address are correct in the fields below. These are the only
- Click on the tab that says Server.
- The Server Name is news.sitestar.net and the This Server
Requires Me to Log On box should not be checked.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- The singular check box in this tab should not be checked.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Server Port Number, the News(NNTP) field should say
119. Everything else under this tab should not be selected and
the Server Timeouts slider is best set at 1 minute.
29 West Main Street, Martinsville, VA 24112
PO Box 1126, Martinsville, VA 24114
Tel: (276) 666-9533 or (800)
766-6861 or Fax: (276) 666-9534