|Outlook Express Message
|If you reinstall Internet Explorer or if you upgrade from an
older version to the new Internet Explorer 5.0, you may find that
when you go to Outlook Express, all your old e-mail messages that
you had saved are gone. This is usually because Internet Explorer,
upon reinstallation, selects a different directory in which your
e-mail is stored. You need to tell it to import your old messages
from the old directory.
- Launch Outlook Express as you normally would.
- Click on File, then arrow over to Import.
- Select Messages. This will bring up the Import Wizard.
- If you recently upgraded from IE 4 to IE 5 and since then
have lost all of your messages, select Microsoft Outlook
- If you had to reinstall IE 5.0, select Microsoft Outlook
Express 5 from the list. Click on Next.
- If you chose the proper setting for Step 4, then a path will
already be in the dialog titled Location of Messages. Click
- The All Folders option should be selected. Click Next.
- A progress bar will be displayed showing the progress of the
- When this is done, click Finish. Your old messages are now
29 West Main Street, Martinsville, VA 24112
PO Box 1126, Martinsville, VA 24114
Tel: (276) 666-9533 or (800)
766-6861 or Fax: (276) 666-9534