|Outlook Express Basic
|This section is intended to demonstrate how Outlook Express may
be set up to work with Sitestar.net from scratch. If your Outlook
Express is already configured for any e-mail account, you need to
- Load Internet Explorer.
- Locate the icon on the toolbar labeled Mail. Most likely,
this will be the third icon from the right but if in
Full-Screen mode, it will be in the middle.
- Click on Mail to bring up a new menu. Select Read Mail from
this menu to launch Outlook Express.
- If any wizards or configuration screens pop up when Outlook
is launched, cancel out of them.
- Click on the menu item Tools, then click on Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, you will see several tabs. Make sure
that the tab labeled Mail is the one selected.
- If there are any existing accounts that you wish to change,
Otherwise, if there are no pre-existing accounts, click Add.
- The Add button will bring up a small menu. From this menu,
- The first bit of information required is the Display Name.
In this box, type mail.sitestar.net and click Next.
- You will then be asked for your e-mail address, which is
your username @ sitestar.net (For example, if your username
is johndoe, your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org).
Enter this into the box and click Next.
- The incoming mail server is a POP3 server, which is the
default. Both the incoming and outgoing mail servers are
mail.sitestar.net. Enter these values and click Next.
- If this is your only e-mail address (if you are unsure, then
this is the case), then the Account Name is the same as your
username, and the password is the same as your dial-up
- For reasons of convenience, it is desirable to have a check
in the box entitled Remember Password.
- It is absolutely vital that the box labeled Log On Using
Secure Password Authentication remains unchecked. Once all the
settings are correct, click Next.
- If a Choose Connection Type window follows, select Connect
Using My Phone Line from the three options and click Next.
- You will receive a message declaring the setup complete.
Click Finish and your account is now configured.
- You are now back in the Internet Accounts window. From here,
click the Close button on the lower right corner.
- Your e-mail setup is now complete. In the future, in order
to check your e-mail load Explorer and select Mail, then Read
Mail as you did in Steps 2 & 3.
29 West Main Street, Martinsville, VA 24112
PO Box 1126, Martinsville, VA 24114
Tel: (276) 666-9533 or (800)
766-6861 or Fax: (276) 666-9534