Multiple E-Mail Accounts
|Netscape utilizes user profiles to manage multiple users. A
profile is an abstraction which contains all the settings and
configurations for an arbitrary user. Everyone who uses
Communicator has a user profile; if you have only one e-mail
account then you still have a profile for yourself. If there is
only one profile configured, then Netscape loads up with no
startup prompts. What you need to do in order to make use of
multiple e-mail accounts is set up additional profiles for each
additional e-mail address you have such that Communicator asks you
which one you wish to use when the program is loaded.
- From your Windows desktop, click Start, then go to Programs,
Netscape Communicator, Utilities, and select User Profile
- Click New to bring up a wizard titled Creating a New
Profile. Click Next.
- Enter your name as you want others to see it when you e-mail
them, and add your e-mail address as well. Your e-mail address
is your account username. Click Next.
- In the next screen that appears, the default values are
ideal. Click Next.
- The Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server is mail.sitestar.net. Click
- Your Mail Server User Name is your account username and your
incoming mail server is mail.sitestar.net. The Mail Server
Type is POP3. Click Next.
- Your News (NNTP) Server is news.sitestar.net and the port
is 119. Secure should NOT be checked. Click Finish.
- When you launch Communicator, you will now receive a prompt
that allows you to choose which profile you wish to use.
Select the profile with your settings in order to use it. To
configure a brand new profile, click here.
- Repeat Steps 1-8 for any additional profiles you need to
- You are now set up to use multiple e-mail accounts with
29 West Main Street, Martinsville, VA 24112
PO Box 1126, Martinsville, VA 24114
Tel: (276) 666-9533 or (800)
766-6861 or Fax: (276) 666-9534