- Turn on your Palm Pilot.
- Tap the Applications icon.
- Tap the HotSync icon.
- Tap your access number. For example: 999-9999
- In the Phone # text box, type your new local dial-up access
number. Remember to check with your local telephone company to make
sure that the number you choose is a local toll-free call. If you
are in an office and need to dial a number to access a telephone
line, check the Dial Prefix check box.
- If you have Call Waiting and you wish to disable it, check the
Disable call waiting check box. This will add the default code of
1170 to your access number. Note: Not all areas use 1170 to disable
call waiting so if the code does not work for you, contact your
local telephone company for the correct code.
- Tap the OK icon to close the window.